Transportation & LogisticsIndustry
Netsmartz started working with the client in 2021. It helped design, develop, and implement new features in the customer’s proprietary Transport Management Software (TMS). Our client is a logistics company with Tech at the heart of its logistics operations.
About The Company
- The client is an Interstate Freight Management Services Company, which has evolved dramatically into Australia’s fastest Transport Management Software (TMS), which provides a platform to integrate various Carriers across the country.
- The goal is ultimate visibility on all Shipper’s freight movements, live rate comparison, and real-time custom reporting.
The Tech Stack
2 Full Stack developers
- Working with several carriers was challenging because each carrier can have different operating procedures and logistics. Due to the lack of any standard process, it’s challenging to bring together all carriers in one place. Also, managing the preferences of different customers and clients was a monumental task.
- Communicating with systems that may accept different data and information formats takes time to manage. To solve this problem, the system was designed to provide some standard services like Reporting, Invoicing, Email notifications, Printing, Customer – Client – Carrier registrations, etc. Also, it provides different integration layers to communicate with different carriers. And these integration layers communicate with a standard backend system.
Netsmartz followed the following process to fulfill the requirements of the client:
Mapping & Identifying Appropriate Resources
The solution required experienced developers who could understand the client’s requirements and provide a practical solution in sync with the industry standards within the deadlines specified by our client. Netsmartz identified experienced developers within its pool of 1000+ employees and helped deliver the project on time.
The Team engaged with different stakeholders from the client side and understood the client’s goals. Regular engagement with the client ensured the project ran smoothly in an agile environment.
After the resource selection, the developer candidates were introduced to the client for further vetting and interviews. This process also included getting the developers acquainted with the client, their requirements, processes, and methodologies.
The primary feature achievements of this project were:
- A robust, highly efficient, customizable system designed for all stakeholders.
- A system designed to be scalable to any geographical location and any carrier.
- A solution powered by the latest technologies, enabling Consignment Tracking
- Highly Interactive and user-friendly solution based on Modern web design standards.
- One Touch Printing to print consignments and manifest labels.