Today’s technology is an ever-evolving field, especially in development, where a developer plays a critical role and is required to regularly upgrade his skill sets to stay ahead of the competition.
A full-stack developer is also absolutely vital.
A full-stack developer understands both the front end and the back end. Full-stack developers are capable of working for both client and server software. They can combine technologies and collaborate with others to achieve the desired results.
Before hiring full-stack developers, specialized workers like database engineers, testers, site reliability engineers, etc., handled the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). As a result of the rise of multiple frameworks, tools, and libraries, developers can now take end-to-end software development.
Quick Plug: Our full-stack development services at Netsmartz include a variety of technologies and frameworks, including Node.js, React.js, AngularJS, DevOps, and more. Our experienced full-stack developers have the knowledge and experience required to build full-fledged applications for your business.
According to BLS data, there will be a 22% increase in web developer jobs by 2030.
What Skills Should A Full-Stack Developer Have?
Many organizations are looking for full-stack developers who can skillfully and proficiently implement agile projects. To make the most of the opportunity, a full stack developer must have the following skills:
- The developer should be familiar with the critical components of a microservice architecture, such as API presentation, load balancing, distributed cache, containers, and data offloading.
- A full-stack developer should have a thorough understanding of front-end technology, including HTML5, CSS3, and front-end frameworks such as JQuery, LESS, SAAS, Vue.js, React, and Angular.
- A full-stack developer should be able to manage a project from start to finish, including conceiving it, wireframing and prototyping, visual design (UI), and development.
- A full-stack developer must know how to arrange code and data in the database. Therefore web architecture is one of their most essential skills.
- Should have first-hand knowledge of Version Control System or VCS that helps manage changes to the source code.
- Experience with Version Control Systems (VCS) aids in managing changes to the source code. VCS, such as Git, helps developers track codes, update parts of the code, and make changes to other developers’ code without breaking anything. To implement CI/CD, they should be able to use DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Chef.
The Benefits of Hiring a Full-Stack Developer
We now know that full-stack engineers are experts in various software technologies and have extensive expertise with them. So, what are the benefits of hiring a full-stack developer? Here are the top five reasons:
Back-end developers create prototype codes that link your site to other content management systems. Full-stack developers are goal-oriented, understanding customer expectations and developing solutions without relying on third parties.
2. Dexterous Abilities
3. Expertise in a wide range of fields
Full-stack developers work on various projects and have an extensive understanding of a variety of technologies. Giving a full-stack developer ownership of a project is simple and uncomplicated because they may accept complete responsibility for the project owing to their knowledge and experience.
4. Pay attention to the design structure
A full-stack developer not only writes code but also knows how to structure it and create user interfaces. They take it a step further to optimize and maintain current systems.
5. Ability to solve problems
A full-stack developer who is well-versed in each step of development and has a solid understanding of technology will be able to pinpoint the source of any problems and implement long-term remedies. Professional full-stack developers possess a diverse set of talents in various domains.
Project delivery should be improved and expedited.
Because full-stack developers operate as part of a team, they can better collaborate and divide work responsibilities, resulting in greater quality and on-time project delivery.
To Wrap Up
The demand for full-stack developers is here to stay!
Full-stack developers provide significant value to a company since they are skilled in various technologies and can solve challenges in a variety of web and app development streams. Hiring full-stack developers can assist businesses in developing apps from the ground up and actively participating in the development lifecycle.
If you’re a growing startup or an established enterprise, you can consider hiring full-stack developers from Netsmartz. With over 20 years of experience in software development and staff augmentation, Netsmartz enables organizations to extend their teams, and expand their capabilities – flexibly. Contact us now!