Every day, thousands of websites and apps are built in various parts of the world. However, the boom in web app and mobile-app space has led to a shortage of geo-specific tech talent for startups as well as enterprises.
After all, there are only so many talented developers you can get in a singular location.
This change and requisite of talent has prompted tech companies, entrepreneurs, and tech heads to seek offshore resources to secure end-to-end development solutions.
The primary concern of most organizations is maintaining complete control over their project while having objective and well-trained talent. The IT staff augmentation model has been feasible to help organizations achieve their goals.
According to a recent study, the IT staff augmentation market generated $9.2 billion in revenue in 2019, $132.9 billion in 2020, and is expected to reach $170.0 billion in 2021.
IT staff augmentation works as an opportunity for organizations to reach the final destination with less time and money. Want to learn more about how it can benefit your business or technology needs? To gain a better understanding, let us delve into the specifics of staff augmentation services. Check out what we’ll be going to cover in this post –
What is Staff Augmentation?
Staff augmentation is a relatively different form of outsourcing that infuses your company with skilled professionals who can help your internal team think smartly and creatively – while increasing the output and capability of your organization. It is often used in IT projects to fulfill the needs of a product development initiative. In the context of software development services, staff augmentation increases allow you to hire highly skilled developers who know about the technology stack you are working with.
There is another addendum to the advantages that staff augmentation offers.
Your internal staff has been trained in a specific structure to be in the best interests of your stakeholders and customers, which is good. But the structure in place may discourage them from taking risks and stifle innovative ideas.
An extended software development team is hired to assist the company’s internal team in analyzing trends and revisiting industry best practices. IT staff augmentation services will help you revitalize your team and achieve your business goals faster. And, as a business owner, you can take advantage of both sets of teams: your in-house team and outsourced professionals.
Why Do Enterprises Need Staff Augmentation?
It comes as no surprise that the software firms require talented coders and engineers to work on varied projects and thus require expertise through extended staff.
- Working on new projects
- Assisting with code maintenance or bug resolution
- Developing a new feature
- Increase output
- Introducing Skill flexibility
- Adding talent to new business units, new functions, or manage transitions to new locations or tech stacks
- Manage short term sprints and project functionality
In addition to strengthening your internal team, expanding your workforce can provide many other benefits:
- Money and Time: Training full-time in-house employees can be time-consuming, and recruiting new talent can be costly. Thus, staff augmentation ensures to offer you the right candidate/s that best-fit your requirement without taking much time or effort.
- Expands Business Horizon: The combination of in-house and augmented staff skills and knowledge will provide you ample opportunity to tinker with methodologies, and craft a different approach to a problem set. After all, internal members are essential to maintain a thorough understanding of the company’s purpose and its stakeholders – while the extended team can introduce new ideas.
- Maintain Control Over Project: Staff augmentation allows an organization to control the project by selecting a temporary team, deciding on project managers, and team leaders, and delegating work based on deliveries.
- Lower Operating Expenses: Choosing IT staff augmentation services saves the company money on office space, equipment, taxes, and other operational expenses. Since it is on-demand, the model allows you to scale on-demand.
- Limiting Risk: Because not nearly as many internal resources are being spent on your extended team, the benefits almost always outweigh the risks. Employees who have been added to your team are referred to as contingent workers. If your goals are not met, there is no long-term commitment, and employees can be quickly or easily replaced with new talent.
How Does IT Staff Augmentation Work?
- The organization that requires IT staff augmentation services must define the requirements of their project, such as the exact number of people needed, the required skills, qualifications, domain expertise, and so on.
- Once all of your requirements have been identified, it’s time to find the best outsourcing company to add to your capability. Create a list of the top five companies based on their reviews and ratings. Conduct interviews, map a selection process, and then choose the one that best suits your project requirements.
- Interview candidates selected by vendors to ensure they are qualified for the position.
- Once you have selected candidates, onboard them into the team and acquaint them with the company’s work, team, culture, and processes.
- Standardize requirements and delivery expectations.
Why Choose Netsmartz to Augment your Team?
There is no shortage of IT staff augmentation companies that promise to have the best development talent, but only a few offer highly experienced IT developers/professionals.
Most of the time, you’d be haggling around with sweatshop vendors that have hundreds of fresh developers on-roll.
Most of them are interested in hiding a developer’s real expertise and presenting bogus experiences.
Netsmartz helps you hire the best IT professionals in the industry for your business and project. Our outsourcing experts have helped many global clients fill technology and expertise gaps with decades of technical experience in staff augmentation and managed IT services.
We offer flexible team augmentation services to hire a sole developer or a fully trained cross-functional team of experts. All you need to do is get in touch with us and share your skill or resource requirements.