A Responsive web application can enhance user engagement, increase customer satisfaction and boost business productivity.
These are a few important things that create an implicit understanding of enterprise software development.
This guides enterprises and startups in developing web applications in a fast-paced and intensive-used digital marketplace.
A CTO, product manager, or founder must experiment with or explore many available technological stacks to construct a full-stack online application. As a result, it is necessary to choose the right technology to provide the best user experience.
With that context, let’s bring focus to React and Node JS, the two most used frameworks. Both these frameworks, built on JS, can be used together (Node JS in the backend and React in the frontend) for full-stack enterprise software development. Here are some commonly asked questions:
- Can Node JS be used in combination with React JS?
- How can combining React with Node JS help my enterprise software development increase usability and profits?
- Why do I need to choose this combination over others?
Not to worry, though. In this blog, we’ve talked about how it’s important to combine these two technologies as well as how doing so makes it easier to create robust and user-friendly web applications. So let’s get going!
Quick Glance at the Node JS
Features of Node JS
- Single-threaded – Node JS is built on the “Single Threaded Event Loop Model” architecture, which can manage numerous client requests.
- Cross-platform – Node JS is simple to use on a variety of operating systems, including Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. It is also compatible with mobile operating systems.
- Scalable – Node JS has a greater level of scalability, so you can utilize it as you get bigger and more powerful.
- Zero Buffering – Blocks of data are produced by Node JS applications because of the callback function. As a result, there is no need to wait for the procedure to finish, and the client gets the information quickly.
Advantages of Using Node JS
- You don’t have to recruit numerous teams for a project since the necessity to transition between the client and server sides of the application is reduced when one language is used on both.
- This uses an event-based approach that facilitates real-time changes and does a number of back-end auxiliary operations.
- Node JS gives programmers the ability to divide large projects into smaller ones. This way it is easier-to-manage components by leveraging microservices.
- The ability to create lightning-fast apps that provide results instantly is one of the key benefits of Node JS.
- Because of its tremendous flexibility, Node JS may be modified and further enhanced to meet specific needs.
Use of Node JS
- Creating web apps
- Data streaming
- Extensible projects that have plenty of enclosed modules
- Server-side proxy
- Complex SPAs
- Dynamic framework
Quick Glance at React JS
Features of React JS
- Virtual DOM – This feature of React provides flexibility and speeds up the process of enterprise software development as well as makes it easier for a web page to be replicated in React’s memory space.
- JSX – This markup syntax determines how the application’s UI looks. Programmers utilize it to generate React components because it helps make the syntax exactly like HTML.
- One-way Data Binding – React employs a unidirectional transmission of information that requires programmers to utilize callback functions rather than immediately alter components.
- Components – A React JS-based application’s UI is composed of a number of components, each of which has its own unique functionality. While working on more complex projects, these reusable components simplify the process of maintaining the code.
Advantages of Using React JS
- Provides responsiveness to any UI design.
- Allows for major data updates that automatically adjust the chosen portions of UI.
- Contains reusable elements that programmers are free to utilize to build new applications.
- More versatile and simple to update because of its modular design.
- Gives dedicated React JS programmers the flexibility to use specific components of their applications on the user and server sides, which eventually speeds up the entire development process.
Use of React JS
- Constructing massive social media platforms
- Adaptive libraries
- Online browsers
- Exceptional UI for huge datasets
- Single page applications
Reasons to Combine React JS With Node JS For Web App Development
Here are some other benefits that React-Node JS provides that make this combination more popular:
1. MERN Stack
Express, MongoDB, Node JS, and React, together, are referred to as MERN. When these potent technologies are combined, a dynamic stack is created that makes it easier to create data-driven online applications and websites.
2. JSON APIs
With Node and React, programmers can create dynamic, sizable, data-driven online applications that work well on a wide range of devices. When working on important projects and preserving the performance of the application, scalability will be beneficial.
4. Expanded & Widespread Use of JS
You may implement all JS capabilities for developing front-end and back-end apps using Node JS and React JS. When creating web applications, this combo provides more control, flexibility, and simplicity because one language is utilized throughout the whole procedure.
5. SPA (Single Page Application)
With the combination of Node JS and React JS, it’s easy to build a simple back-end structure using callback functions. This combo enables you to build SPAs that don’t require reloading as you engage or update the application’s information.
6. Process Organization
React and Node works together well to build a systematic development workflow. As these frameworks are quick, efficient, and scalable when combined, they may help in creating sites that are very functional.
7. Server Load is High
There will be many important components to your website. As a result, your server may become overloaded, which causes lagging websites or could cause a complete site failure. Using Node JS and React JS for enterprise software development, programmers are able to resolve this problem as using the combination lets the site send numerous requests without failure.
8. Data in Real-Time
There’s no denying that users fine online apps with real-time data highly enticing. But CTOs need dependable server connectivity for this to occur. In this situation, implementing Node JS with React on your application will help it run faster.
9. Quick Development
You may save time & expense with the quick app development method. You can easily develop a feature-rich, highly functioning web app with Node JS and React JS.
When utilizing this combo, there are some primary restrictions to be aware of. For instance:
What Kinds of Apps Can Be Developed With Node JS and React JS?
React JS and Node JS work so well together that it’s possible to build stunning apps with only an effective backend and responsive UI. The following list includes the apps that were created using these two frameworks together:
- Apps for social networks: Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram
- Apps for real-time conversation: Slack, Discord, and Messenger
- Apps for online streaming: iTunes and Spotify
- Apps for e-commerce: Etsy, Amazon, and Shopify
Will Node JS and React JS for Web Development Keep Up With the Ever-Changing Requirements?
It’s interesting how quickly this combination of technology is developing and how promising its future seems. Additionally, Java has lost ground to the popularity of Node JS and React JS. React JS and Node JS are both thriving in their own ways, which we previously highlighted. As a result of the relentless demand, this combination has succeeded. The market is seeing the introduction of new technologies, although they have yet to establish a solid presence. The advantages of combining React with Node JS for application development, on the other hand, have proven to be immensely successful.
The Bottom Line
Web applications are now required for all businesses. But the process of creating apps never ends. Based on consumer input, you should alter and improve your web application. New feature addition is yet another crucial component. For this reason, if you’re searching for an enterprise software development company, seek one capable of providing you with a full plethora of facilities, even after the software development is completed. Furthermore, you should invest in professionals who have extensive experience.
Netsmartz has been working in the sector since 1999. We have worked with startups, scale-ups, SAAS companies, and more. We have a group of very skilled and dedicated React JS programmers, remote nodejs developers ready to provide enterprise software development services that perfectly align with your vision and voice. To learn more, book a free consultation now.
Kickstart Your Project With Us!
Let's Build Your Agile Team.
Experience Netsmartz for 40 hours - No Cost, No Obligation.
Connect With Us Today!
Please fill out the form or send us an email to