What is Magento?
Magento is an open source eCommerce platform with powerful features, including catalog management, search engine optimization, marketing tools, and a flexible shopping cart system. It has a user-friendly CMS (Content Management System) which is one of the reasons why 1 out of 4 online retails prefer Magento.
Where is Magento used?
Magento is used as the platform for many online eCommerce portals and e-stores. These are websites that process a huge amount of data and need to be really fast. They also need highly secure transactions, frequent updates, catalog management, monitoring of user information, and the ability to provide frequent promotional deals and discounts, plus an engaging user experience.
Magento offers several powerful benefits:
- It is an open source platform that supports scalable and flexible applications.
- Easy installation. Offers the option to add layouts and plug-ins.
- Extremely fast loading, cost-effective and robust software.
- Capability to show promos and discounts during the checkout process.
- Supports more than 50 payment gateways.
Grow your eCommerce Reach with 10 Amazing Features of Magento 2:
- Magento Marketplace for Marketers.
- Better Security for Magento Sites.
- Google Tag Manager for easy Integration with Google.
- “Email a Friend” feature for better engagement.
- SEO Features – Easy for on-page optimization.
- Full Page Cache Capability.
- Improved Checkout.
- Responsive Admin.
- Touch-friendly navigation in admin.
- Fully Responsive Web Design (RWD) on every site by Default.