Have you decided to hire a remote React Native developer to build your project but are struggling to find the right talent, or the right resource?
An Early plug – At Netsmartz, we help companies looking to hire React Native developers around the world. In this article, we will share everything you need to know to get a smooth recruitment process. A Checklist of sorts, to help you ease the process of hiring a React Native Developer.
You may have noticed that some mobile apps are specific to Android or iOS devices. These are called native apps and are becoming more popular. The problem is, building traditional native platforms is a slow and complicated process. Thus, to provide a simpler & faster way to build native apps, software development companies choose React Native.
The statistics says –
By 2025 70% of employees will work remotely. Outsourcing is one of the most popular options for hiring remote developers. It allows companies to focus on their core business and save valuable time.
The global IT outsourcing market was valued at 342.9 billion USD in 2020 & is expected to reach 10.2 billion USD by 2027.
Let’s start with the basics first –
Why do businesses nowadays choose React Native?
Because it saves money, is quick in development, augments your team, and is in high demand among React developers.
React Native helps you build cross-platform apps, build MVPs quicker, reduce development complexity, and update apps on the go. So naturally, React Native developers are in demand.
When it comes to business utility and functionality, React Native –
- Helps save developer time and code
- Offers quicker iteration ability
- Better testing
- Releases on the go – refer to Hot Reloading
So reduced the product development budget and the ability to speed up project execution and maintenance.
Now that we have figured out the feasibility of building apps on React Native, here is a detailed roadmap of what you need to know when hiring React developers. Let’s proceed –
React Native Developer – Roles & Responsibilities
Before enrolling a React Native Developer, these are some of the roles & responsibilities to look for.
- Ability to create extremely dynamic websites and applications.
- Ability to find and fix bugs to make the code error and bug-free.
- By removing the restriction, it is possible to increase the productivity of a close-to-native program.
- Ability to store easy-to-understand code.
- Create automation checks to simplify software testing.
- Ability to use native APIs for tight integration into all frameworks.
- Opportunity to ultimately convert a React Web App into a React Native.
- React Native App is used to create new functionality for users.
- Create interchangeable front-end modules and repositories for potential use.
- Create high-quality programming from prototypes and wireframes.
- Elements optimized for maximum efficiency cross-platform and Web-compatible browsers.
How to Hire a Remote React Native Developer for your Business?
Hiring remote developers requires some preparation. Here are some tips that can help you through the hiring process.
1. Clear Definition of Requirements
First, you need to define your project requirements and consider how your application will run. Here are some tips to follow when defining requirements:
- Describe the project in general. You need to identify the critical features of your product, the problems it solves, and who will use it.
- List out the Features. Define the core functionality for the experience to look for.
- Select a platform. Think about the platforms your application will run on. If you have a sufficient budget, you can use both platforms.
Knowing these aspects will give you a precise idea of
2. Consider Different Hiring Options
Before making a decision, you need to understand what hiring options you have and which best reflect your project goals. There are three main recruiting options.
- Freelancers: Freelance React Native developers are the right choice if you have a small project and have an expert on your side to manage them.
- In-house: This is a perfect decision if you have many projects and want complete control of the development process. Also, this option is more suitable if you are looking for full-time employees.
- Staff Augmentation: If you want to expand your internal team or free it up for other activities, This option will let you do that with the help of an outsourcing company.
3. Choose Hiring Location
You ought to consider hiring professionals from other countries when hiring remotely. One of the main advantages of outsourcing companies is that they already work with experienced developers. So you won’t waste time looking for an expert, dealing with all the financial and legal issues, and drafting the development contract
4. Consistent Interview Process
After you’ve understood where to find remote developers, it’s time to figure out how to interview them. Following are the steps you can take to conduct remote technical interviews professionally and efficiently.
- Set goals: Before settling on a choice, define your goals – exactly why you need a remote developer. State the responsibilities, hard and soft skills of your ideal candidate.
- First Screening: Cultural background and personal values
are adequate for successful remote team management. Live video calls are a successful way to gauge employee value.
- Technical Interview: The technical interview will determine if the candidate has enough experience to work on your project. You can talk with your developers or hire an independent technical consultant to evaluate the developer’s understanding
5. Must-have” Skills to Look When Hiring
A React native developer must have specific skills to be effective, out of which some of them are “must-have” skills. They are –
- Knowledge of React tools like JSX, Virtual DOM is a must when hiring a React Native developer.
- A good React developer should understand several React tools such as Enzyme, ESLint, Webpack, Redux, Sentry, and Flux.
- Ability to write clear, well-documented code for easy app development and its further maintenance.
- Candidates should be familiar with native building tools such as Swift, Kotlin Java, XCode or Gradle for Android and IOS.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to communicate effectively with their colleagues and superiors.
Beyond this, you can consider the following checklists for skill assessment for a potential React Native Developer hire:
- Knowing React Native basics (libraries, components, and APIs)
- React Native provides a number of built-in Core Components ready to use. In that context, have a go at the developer’s proficiency with the core components such as Basic Components, User Interface, List Views, Android-specific, iOS-specific etc.
- Mobile hardware functionality (GPS, camera, gyroscope, and many others) for better and more enhanced native apps
- Third-party service integration using their APIs
- Continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD)
Staff augmentation servSo here’s everything you need to know before choosing to hire a native remote reaction developer. Follow all the steps in our guide to hiring a dedicated remote react developer or contact us to get the right talent per your business projects.
At Netsmartz, we support companies who wish to hire a team of remote software developers with good technical skills. We hope this blog is valuable and informative to all of you. Please leave a comment below for any feedback or query.
Have you decided to hire a remote React Native developer to build your project but are struggling to find the right talent, or the right resource? An Early plug – At Netsmartz, we help companies looking to hire React Native developers around the world. In this article, we will share everything you need to know… Continue reading An Ultimate Guide to Hire a Remote React Native Developer For your Next Big Project
Ask Netsmartz Experts
Hiring a Web Developer – albeit crucial – seems like a daunting undertaking for software firms and businesses across the globe. What to co.....
The pandemic has made one thing certain – remote working is the future – and it might become pointless to hire workers full-time, pay them.....
Every developer strives to reduce the time, effort, & budget required to create a web application. They’re looking for something that can au.....
Amazon Web Services accounts for 13% of Amazon’s total revenue as of Q2 2021 and is the backbone of thousands of websites and applications. With.....
Great talent can be challenging to find. It’s even more difficult to assess correctly during the recruitment process. Many developers are self.....