The cloud has emerged as a must-have driver for the digital transformation of businesses. Whether it is in the IT sector, an e-commerce business, or for any other domain, cloud migration is giving streamlined business value to all. According to Forbes, by 2020, almost 83% of enterprise-related workloads will be managed in the cloud.
In addition, the following report by the Harvard Business Review Analytic Services on business performance improvements within the cloud shows the increasing demand and adoption of cloud-based services.
Cost-effectiveness and reduced processing times are motivating many domains to migrate from on-premise to cloud platform services. However, migrating to the cloud is not as simple as it may seem. A thorough analysis with step by step planning is very important before migrating to the cloud. Many critical elements like the security features, cloud space, and future expansion prospects must be considered before changing to the cloud. Migrating is a challenging task, and any mistake in this process might make you to rollback the entire process, thus wasting a lot of time and effort. Let’s take a look at some of the common cloud migration mistakes so that you can be ready to avoid them.
- Considering all cloud services as same: This is the most common mistake that most beginners do. It is important for you to understand that not all cloud service providers give you the same features. With different business infrastructure within all organizations, their needs for the cloud also widely differ. The key elements worth considering before deciding upon a cloud service include scalability, security, and other application related requirements.
- Lack of research in choosing the right cloud platform: With increasing competition in migration to the cloud has organizations under constant pressure to migrate quickly. But, hurrying can bring you a failed cloud migration process. So, before you migrate, do your basic homework well. It is very important to understand the present requirements and analyze future infrastructure needs. The IT infrastructure of every application has vivid capabilities and requires a cloud platform that suits their requirements. Also, you should thoroughly look into the cloud contract constraints to avoid any future issues.
- Shift everything to cloud: Not all business processes can migrate to the cloud. Here is another area where it is important for you to know your requirements before deciding on what should be migrated to the cloud and what should remain on-premise. For example, the banking and healthcare domains cannot migrate all their applications because of security compliance issues. Also, not any cloud platform will support all your applications. So, segregate beforehand and adapt accordingly.
- Absence of in-house cloud migration experts: Even though there is an expert team deployed by your service provider, you can’t solely rely on them. The main reason behind this is that your in-house team is far more of an expert in knowing your business-specific applications.
- A speedy migration process: A speedy process might seem to be very efficient, but the process might create complexities in identifying what has been moved and what is left. Instead, a moderate speed is a good option to keep an eye on the process and identify any issues as they occur.
- Ignoring security and compliance:The cloud migration process needs to be done in compliance with certain regulations such as FIS Management and HIPPA. Moreover, a foolproof security protocol is very important to keep user’s data intact at a central repository.
The ever-increasing demand for cloud-based processes is making businesses to turn towards cloud migration, but a rush in doing so can bring some unwanted issues. It is better to understand, plan and then execute the cloud migration process. Also, you must hire exper cloud computing services to avoid any issues at later stages. The above mistakes are very common and act as an important guide for you to consider before moving forward with your migration process.
The cloud has emerged as a must-have driver for the digital transformation of businesses. Whether it is in the IT sector, an e-commerce business, or for any other domain, cloud migration is giving streamlined business value to all. According to Forbes, by 2020, almost 83% of enterprise-related workloads will be managed in the cloud. Avoid These… Continue reading Avoid These Common Cloud Migration Mistakes
Ask Netsmartz Experts
Hiring a Web Developer – albeit crucial – seems like a daunting undertaking for software firms and businesses across the globe. What to co.....
The pandemic has made one thing certain – remote working is the future – and it might become pointless to hire workers full-time, pay them.....
Every developer strives to reduce the time, effort, & budget required to create a web application. They’re looking for something that can au.....
Amazon Web Services accounts for 13% of Amazon’s total revenue as of Q2 2021 and is the backbone of thousands of websites and applications. With.....
Great talent can be challenging to find. It’s even more difficult to assess correctly during the recruitment process. Many developers are self.....